Description of Samsung Connect
With Samsung Connect, you can connect and control multiple devices quicker and easier. No matter where you are, you can monitor and control smart devices, home appliances, TVs, and speakers registered on the server.
- Remotely control and check the status of devices registered through a Wi-Fi AP.
- Group multiple devices into a Mode and operate them simultaneously.
- Configure the settings of devices, including the time and operating conditions, and operate them automatically.
- Devices can be used together by inviting others to the place where the device is registered.
- The notification feature allows you to receive status information about your device.
※ Quick connect has been replaced by Samsung Connect, allowing you to control a wider range of devices. Samsung Connect has also been added to your Home screen and Apps screen for quicker and easier access to your devices.
※ Samsung Connect is optimised for Samsung smartphones. Some features may be limited when used with other vendors' smartphones.
※ Some features may not be available in all countries.
Samsung Connect is incompatible with tablets and some mobile devices.
- Android 6.0 or later is recommended.
- Supported resolutions: 1280 x 720 (HD), 1920 x 1080 (fHD), 2560 x 1440 (WQHD)
※ App permissions
The following permissions are required for the app service. For optional permissions, the default functionality of the service is turned on, but not allowed.
[Required access permissions]
• Contacts: Verify user information that will be delivered while transferring files.
• Location: Find nearby devices using Bluetooth or BLE.
• Storage: Save and use plugins and app data, and transfer content and files via the app.
• Phone: Check for app updates, identify the user's country, and transfer content and files via the app.
[Optional access permissions]
• Camera: Scan QR codes.
• Microphone: Used to provide voice control function using microphone.
If your system software version is lower than Android 6.0, please update the software to configure App permissions.
Previously allowed permissions can be reset on Apps menu in device settings after software update.